The rice Os01g0102300 was reported as OsTLP27 in 2012  by researchers from China.
- Os01g0102300 <=> OsTLP27,TLP27
- The rice gene OsTLP27 encodes a 27-kDa of 257-amino acid with 53% homology to the AtTLP gene from Arabidopsis thaliana.
- OsTLP27 is novel function gene for photosynthesis and chloroplast development in rice.
- OsTLP27 enhanced photochemical efficiency of PSII of rice.
- OsTLP27 positively regulates chloroplast development and functions in rice
- Constitutive expression of OsTLP27 under the control of CaMV 35S promoter resulted in increased pigment content and enhanced photochemical efficiency in terms of the values of maximal photochemical efficiency of photosystem II (PSII) (Fv/Fm ), effective quantum yield of PSII (�PSII), electron transport rate (ETR) and photochemical quenching (qP).
- Overexpression of OsTLP27 also enhanced transcript levels of genes related to chloroplast function and caused changes in the grana size and number.
- Further study showed that the structure and polypeptide composition of the photosynthetic apparatus were altered in transgenic lines overexpressing OsTLP27.
- OsTLP27 transcripts accumulated specifically in green tissues such as the leaf blade and leaf sheath, and the levels of its transcripts followed a circadian rhythm.
- OsTLP27 was localized in chloroplasts of rice leaf
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- College of Biological Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, China
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hu F, Kang Z, Qiu S, Wang Y, Qin F, Yue C, Huang J, Wang G. Overexpression of OsTLP27 in rice improves chloroplast function and photochemical efficiency. Plant Sci. 2012 Oct;195:125-34. doi: 10.1016/j.plantsci.2012.06.006. PubMed PMID: 22921006.
|Organism||Oryza sativa japonica group|